Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY Organic Mat Cleaner


I find it absolutely necessary to clean my mat after every sweaty Pilates session. I have experimented with several DIY solutions, and this is my very favorite! It has a wonderfully calming smell, easily removes dirt, sweat, & even show makeup from my mat leaving it squeaky clean, and is alcohol/paraben free and 100% organic, so I can rest assured when face down on my mat!! I mix and store my cleaner in a reusable spray bottle, give it a vigorous shake before each use, spray on the mat, and then wipe away with a thick paper towel.


Ingredients
-- 2/3 Cup Distilled Water


-- 1/3 Cup Witch Hazel (I buy Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera from Whole Foods)


-- 40 Drops of Tea Tree Oil (Trader Joe’s Spa sells a super affordable 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil)


-- 10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil (I add this because of it’s calming properties and zen-inspiring-energy! I like Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil from Whole Foods)

No comments:

Post a Comment